Friday 14 June 2013

Throwback Edition: Hottest Songs From A (Lost) K-pop Era

Throwback Edition
I'm from the older generation of K-pop and I dearly miss the old school hits and wonders. Because I'm feeling quite ancient and old, I'd like to take the time out to pay homage to the hits that influenced many of the songs today.
Because of Kim Jong Kook's "Loveable," I am standing here today a K-pop fanatic, feign, and superfan. It was this song that started it all for me and I don't know if I should blame or thank him for releasing this adorably addicting tune. Everything about this song was fantastic, especially the fact that a buff, huge man was singing this song about a lady being loveable while he formed heart shapes with his large manly hands. I had this song playing on repeat for weeks until I finally put it to rest two months later. I still ocassionally put this on my iPod and let it play during a car ride home, just to reminisce the days when K-pop was just easy.

Chae Yeon's "Two of Us," wasn't ever my favorite song, but the "na, na, na," part always got me getting my groove on. This hit really put the solo singer on the map and got fans addicted to the catchy dance moves and chorus. This song really brings me back to the days when the variety show "X-men," made up a large portion of my social life. Thankfully, I now have friends who get me away from the Internet and out breathing fresh air. Nonetheless, Chae Yeon's "Two of Us" was a huge song that made us all happy and gleeful.
Lee Seung Gi's "Because You're My Girl," was one of those songs that made you fall in love with the singer over and over and over again. Nowadays, Lee Seung Gi may be loved for his acting skills, but back in the day he was the loveable, innocent, cute singer that all the older girls loved doting on and all the younger girls wanted to marry. This song was by far his best single to date and I hope LSG makes a comeback into the singing world soon so I can pinch his cheeks through my computer screen.
I miss every single Fly to the Sky song ever written. To say I was a huge fan, was and is an understatement. I loved Brian and Hwanhee like a fat kid loved cake and their songs brought me so much joy, despair, and got me through dramatic breakups in my life. Can they please have a reunion? Please? For me?
Rain's "How to Escape the Sun" was a song that made girls crumble into smithereens and grown men cry. This classic Rain song stuck in our heads like a bad crush and I remember falling head over heels with Korea's Usher when this song popped on the K-pop radar. Also have you seen the outfits in this video? He rocks a lamb sheep denim jacket with a shirt that doesn't fit his body right. It's amazing. Come back Rain, come back.






kpopstarz

No comments:

Post a Comment