Sunday 16 June 2013

BEAST Kikwang Should Stop Looking At Himself When Acting



Some actors learn quickly that even though they can act, they are too self-conscious to watch themselves on screen. Despite the fact that Beast's Lee Ki Kwang has been acting for a while, he has not yet learned this lesson.
Watching himself act in the drama special "My Friend Is Still Alive" convinced him that he should never act again. In "My Friend Is Still Alive," Lee plays Kyung Sook, a sweet, handsome boy who has a terminal illness. For his dying wish, he would like a first kiss, so he asks his friend Chi Hyun to find someone who will grant him that wish.
"The other people acted so well but I don't know why I look so awkward," said Lee at a KBS press conference for the show that he attended with co-stars Ryu Soo Young, Yoo In Young, Nam Bo Ra, Jeon Soo Jin, and Lee Joo Seung. "I don't know if other actors feel this way but my hands and feet were curling up as I watched myself. It was so embarrassing."
Lee admits that he enjoys the actual acting part.
"It's more fun every time I try," he said. "But then sometimes when I see myself I feel like I should stop."
Lee Eung Bok, the director, does not agree with the idea that the idol singer should quit acting.
"Because of Lee Ki Kwang's busy schedule, he shot for four straight days.," said director Lee Eung Bok. "We shot all of his scenes at once and he did very well in the emotional and comedic scenes. He did an excellent job."
Lee Ki Kwang gives all the credit back to the director.
 "Fortunately, the director did a really good job and all the scenes came out really well," said Lee Ki Kwang. "I was surprised at the overall quality. It's difficult to tell when you are on set, but after putting in all the music and the other technical bits I think the piece turned out well. I almost cried when I watched it. All the scenes were wonderful."
Lee Ki Kwang, who began his musical career as the hip-hop artist Ace Junior, now performs with Beast and has a solo career. He played Kang Sae Ho in "High Kick Through the Roof, the comical Geon Lee in "My Princess," starring Song Seung Hun and Kim Tae Hee, and played Jo Ma Roo in "Me Too, Flower." He served as an MC for "Hot Brothers," "Win Win" and "Inkigayo."
The drama special airs June 12.





kpopstarz

No comments:

Post a Comment